West Stow Information for Visitors with Access Needs
- The Museum, Visitor Centre and Café at West Stow Anglo-Saxon Village are wheelchair accessible via ramps and gravel paths.
- The Village is also wheelchair accessible, although assistance is recommended as part of the route to the village is unpaved and up a slight incline.
- The Anglo-Saxon houses, which are reconstructed to correspond to the archaeological evidence from the site, are wheelchair accessible with assistance. Information about each of the houses can be provided.
There are accessible toilets in the carpark, Visitor Centre, Anglo-Saxon Museum and Café.
- Assistance dogs are welcome throughout the site.
- A large print transcript of the introductory DVD and a large print version of the Village Map are available.
- The Anglo-Saxon Museum is well lit with clear signage.
- Induction loops are installed in the Visitor Centre and Café.
- Paper transcripts of the introductory DVD are available.
Other Useful Information
- Children are very welcome. There are a number of child-friendly activities in the Museum including dressing up, quizzes and trails.
- Baby-changing facilities are available in all of the accessible toilets* in the car park, Visitor Centre, Anglo-Saxon Museum and Café.
- Transcripts of the introductory DVD are available in several languages including French, German, Portuguese, Dutch, Russian, Danish, Japanese and Chinese.
- There is seating for visitors in the Museum, Village, Visitor Centre and Café.
*Please note the toilet blocks will be closed in car park 2 for two weeks from 9th January 2017 due to major works, however, there will be on-site Portaloos available during this period. The reception and café toilets will be open as usual.
For any further information, or to request a copy of our Access Policy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01284 728718.