Join us at West Stow Country Park for our dragonfly ‘walk & workshop’.Take a guided walk along the river, then get creative making a dragonfly art installation.
Take a guided walk along the River Lark with Adrian, the County Dragonfly Recorder. Find out what these amazing insects like to eat, where they live and much, much more.
Afterwards take part in making a dragonfly art installation with Jac from Rojo Art. We’ll be working outdoors, making mini mosaics and some beautiful Posca pen drawings inspired by glimpses of shimmering wings in flight.
Your artwork will be exhibited in West Stow’s beautiful ‘Feel Good Forest’ area alongside the river.
If you’re a dragonfly superfan why not turn up in your favourite dragonfly colours, but make sure they’re not your best clothes as it might get a little messy!
Walk – 30 mins
Creative workshop – up to 2 hours
- Suitable for ages 8+
- Ages 16 & under must be accompanied by an adult
- Meet at the Visitor Centre
- This workshop is outdoors, please wear appropriate clothing
- Please note there is a variety of terrain within the Country Park
- Given the limited capacity of the walk, additional adults will be limited to 1 for that portion of the activity.
- Parking fee: £3 for the day
- This workshop excludes admission to the Anglo-Saxon Village
This project is being delivered by West Suffolk Council as part of the Brecks Fen Edge & Rivers Landscape Partnership Scheme supported by the National Lottery Heritage Fund. (visit Brecks Fen Edge & Rivers LP website
for more information or events)
11am, 12pm, 1pm
£3 per child (1 accompanying adult per family free of charge)
Essential - use the ‘Book now’ buttons or call 01284 758000
West Stow Country Park
This event is promoted by West Suffolk Council and Brecks Fen Edge and Rivers Landscape Partnership.