Wellness WednesdaysTake part in a deeply relaxing sound bath in the beautiful surroundings of West Stow Country Park.
This can be a particularly helpful type of meditation for those with a ‘chatty mind’ as the sound can transport you to a place of deep relaxation.
We begin with a spoken guided meditation and then I play a range of therapeutic grade instruments such as gongs, singing bowls, chimes, drums and voice.
This practice is designed to facilitate deep rest and relaxation as you can simply lay or sit on the floor and allow the sounds to wash over you.
These sound baths will be outdoors in nature when weather permits, however we do have and indoor venue to use should the weather be cold or wet.
All participants must complete a health questionnaire
before the session.
Sound therapy is not suitable for anyone who;
- has epilepsy or any other condition triggered by sound
- is in their first trimester of pregnancy
- has a pacemaker
Please bring with you:
- Yoga/exercise mat – this can be provided if you don’t have one
- Warm socks for extended savasana with sound at the end of the class
- Suitable for ages 16+ (ages 17 & under must be accompanied by an adult)
- Meet at the visitor centre 10 mins before start time
- This session is outdoors, please wear appropriate clothing
- Mats provided, but feel free to bring your own if you have one
- Dress in layers
- Please note there is a variety of terrain within the Country Park
- Parking fees apply
- This session excludes admission to the Anglo-Saxon Village
This project is being delivered by West Stow as part of the Brecks Fen Edge & Rivers Landscape Partnership Scheme supported by the National Lottery Heritage Fund, please visit The Brecks website
for more information or events.
£5 per person
Essential - use the 'Book now' buttons or call 01284 758000
West Stow Country Park
This event is promoted by West Suffolk Council & Brecks Fen Edge and Rivers Landscape Partnership.