Take part in a deeply relaxing sound bath in the beautiful surroundings of West Stow Country Park
This can be a particularly helpful type of meditation for those with a ‘chatty mind’ as the sound can transport you to a place of deep relaxation.
We begin with a spoken guided meditation and then I play a range of therapeutic grade instruments such as gongs, singing bowls, chimes, drums and voice.
This practice is designed to facilitate deep rest and relaxation as you can simply lay or sit on the floor and allow the sounds to wash over you.
These sound baths will be outdoors in nature when weather permits, however we do have and indoor venue to use should the weather be cold or wet.
By booking this event you agree to complete a health screen form to help our facilitator to plan a safe and enjoyable session for all. This will be sent to you via email one week before the event to be completed online, your name and email address will be shared with Sound and Ground for this purpose only.
Contraindications for sound therapy include first 12 weeks of pregnancy, epilepsy, if you have a pacemaker fitted or a severe heart condition. If you are unsure, please consult your GP for advice before booking.
- Session duration – 1 hour
- Suitable for ages 16+ (Ages 17 & under must be accompanied by an adult)
- Parking fees apply
- This session excludes admission to the Anglo-Saxon Village
- Meet at the visitor centre.
- This session is outdoors, please wear appropriate clothing.
- Please note there is a variety of terrain within the Country Park.
Please bring with you;
- Yoga / exercise mat – this can be provided if you don’t have one.
- Warm socks for extended savasana with sound at the end of the class
This project is being delivered by West Stow as part of the Brecks Fen Edge & Rivers Landscape Partnership Scheme supported by the National Lottery Heritage Fund. (visit www.brecks.org
for more information or events)
Thur 13 July, Thur 27 July & Thur 10 Aug
Use the 'Book now' buttons or call 01284 758000
West Stow Country Park
This event is promoted by West Suffolk Council & Brecks Fen Edge and Rivers Landscape Partnership
This session is outdoors, please wear appropriate clothing.